The information, content and images on
these pages are purely in fun
and are in no way meant to cause anyone harm, grief or despair.
If you are sensitive and lack a sense of humor,
please, don't go any further.
Some places, names, and events are fictional
and any resemblance, likeness,
or similarity to any person living or dead
is purely coincidental.

Monday, October 20, 2008

Edward.

Obsession is a scary thing. It's not something that I understand completely, although I seem to be in the habit of doing it.

It started with "Twilight". I am a voracious reader. So when I innocently stumbled upon an article talking about the many charms of this novel, I had to give it a try.

I haven't stopped.

I keep reading Twilight (with Midnight Sun), New Moon, Eclipse and Breaking Dawn, back to back...over and over again. I cannot even tell you how many times I have read them. It is just a continuous Edward fix to me. Because it IS Edward that I am most obsessed with.

I want to read his thoughts...his words...I want to close my eyes and picture his perfect crooked smile. I can't stop myself.

So that brings me to Robert Pattinson. I truly didn't recognize his name right away...but when they said he was Cedric in "Harry Potter"...It completely clicked for me. Cedric. Yes...Cedric.

I remember watching him stand next to Harry Potter in the movie...and thinking..."They really shouldn't have Daniel Radcliffe stand so close to that amazingly beautiful boy". He paled in comparison to Rob. Everyone does. But I wasn't so sure if he could be *my* Edward. Was it possible? Pictures started coming out...and then the teaser trailers. YES. He IS Edward.

That face. Those eyes. THAT HAIR. That jawline. Everything about him screamed Edward at me. I could finally look upon all the glory of Edward Cullen...in the flesh. And so the obsession was fed...

I'm not sure where this ends for me, if that is even possible at this point. I am praying that Stephenie Meyers puts out Midnight Sun...in fact, I am praying that she puts out all the books from Edwards point of view. I obviously cannot get enough of him...I am never satisfied...

I can only hope that the movie, which is still a month away (has time really slowed so much?)can take away some of the hunger for Edward. I will probably see it much more than once in the theaters...and then I will wait patiently until it is released on DVD. I am always waiting for Edward. But I can't stop myself, I couldn't even if I wanted to.



No comments: