The information, content and images on
these pages are purely in fun
and are in no way meant to cause anyone harm, grief or despair.
If you are sensitive and lack a sense of humor,
please, don't go any further.
Some places, names, and events are fictional
and any resemblance, likeness,
or similarity to any person living or dead
is purely coincidental.

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Love, Life, Meaning... Over.



"With shaky legs, ignoring the fact
that my action was useless,
I followed him into the forest.
The evidence of his path
had disappeared instantly.
There were no footprints,
the leaves were still again,
but I walked forward without thinking.
I could not do anything else.
I had to keep moving.
If I stopped looking for him, it was over.
Love, life, meaning... over."

Bella Swan, New Moon, Chapter 3, p. 73


This is a movie poster made by a fan.
I'm sorry I don't know their name...
I wish I did.
Because I believe this poster is brilliant.
The image of Edward disappearing...
The words
"It will be as if I'd never existed."
It just breaks my heart.
Again.
Excellent job getting all
the important images together.
There was a discussion about this book
where some people just cannot
hide their dislike for Jacob Black.
And for Bella for being weak...
and hurting Edward with him.
I believe that Jacob is a
very necessary part of this story.
Not only to provide conflict...
because, let's face it...
Edward and Bella meet...
fall in love...
and then happily ever after?
Wake me up when its over.
But for giving Bella the chance
to realize her own worth.
Bella gets criticized for not knowing
her own heart
when it comes to Edward.
But the part of Bella that I truly understand...
is her insecurity...
her complete lack of self confidence
in the face of the man she loves...leaving her.
Bella never felt good enough for Edward.
She never understood WHY he loved her...
and always expected him to tire of her and leave.


"I don't trust myself to be... enough.
To deserve you.
There's nothing about me
that could HOLD you."

Bella Swan, New Moon, Chapter 24, p. 523


That quote pretty much sums up
the reasons for Bella
doing what she does...
whether she is hurting Jacob and Edward...
or herself.
Yes...
I have gotten beyond frustrated with Bella...
At least now I understand her a little better.


Bye for now.

3 comments:

Tess said...

Your post pretty much sums up why so many girls/women identify with Bella... Deep down, so many of us feel like we're inadequate, or if it all goes wrong.. it's somehow our fault.

Part of my fascination with the entire series is that a seemingly average girl (i.e., me, you, girl anyone) somehow captures the heart of someone extraordinary in every single way. Bella's character gives us something to grasp on to - something which makes you feel that if she could do it, maybe there's hope for the rest of us.

Aside from all this... I never wanted to slap a literary character so fricking bad in my entire life as I wanted to slap Bella in Eclipse (but I love Jacob Blacks character)

xox
T

Ellie said...

Put simply, Bella gives us all hope. For our dreams to actually come true.

And I agree with Tess, Bella needed someone to make her come to her senses. What was she thinking?

But alas, without Jacob, there may have not been an Edward and Bella at the end.

Another good one, Rosie! ♥

Ellie
xoxo

Anonymous said...

Great post, Rose! This is why the Twilight books have such universal appeal.

Bella gives voice to feelings we've all had.